Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Respite

October 30, 2018

Sixty five degrees and sunny at the end of October in Western New York; it’s a gift! After finishing the grouting of the bathroom floor, I took the bike for a short spin to warm up the oil before changing all the fluids for winter. One more decent day, and I’ll change the front tire and take it in for inspection in case we have a thaw in January. Gotta be ready for any eventuality! 


Tonight the fire is toasting my toes as the cat rests at my elbow obstructing my typing, while the dog is stretched out before the stove. Sometimes my life is like a Hallmark movie, but without all the drama. This morning I read the following Scripture, “Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” (Galatians 6:9). Days like today are a welcome respite from the work I thought I had put behind me. Tomorrow I’ll be back at it, trying to not grow weary, for I do want to see the harvest for which I have been sowing seeds. When it comes, I will give thanks. In the meantime, I am grateful for the strength and ability to keep sowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment