Friday, October 12, 2018

Done

October 12, 2018

Halfway to Harry’s house it occurred to me that he hadn’t called to confirm our riding to band rehearsal together. I pulled over and punched in his number. His wife Beth answered. “He’s out shopping,” she replied to my inquiry. 

“I seem to remember that there wasn’t any rehearsal today due to Fall Break,” I said. Harry’s absence confirmed my recollection, so I drove back home. It was the second time today. Earlier, I got to the library for our Writer’s Group before I remembered that this weekend was their retreat at a local Christian camp. That first unexpected surprise made it possible for me to help Linda move our bedroom furniture to the newly completed downstairs bedroom. 

The second surprise was a much appreciated reprieve. After moving two beds, dressers, and assorted other items for five hours, I wasn’t certain I’d be able to stand for two hours. My recently sprained ankle which had been on the mend is swollen and painful, and my hip and back are definitely making their presence known by way of protest.


But the job is done, we are in the room, and I am thankful tonight that we were able to finish, and that I didn’t have to stand another two hours at band. II love playing, but today was a good day to have off. God knows I needed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment