Monday, April 13, 2015

Ordinary is Just Fine

April 13, 2015

Tonight, I'm sore. My back aches, my right foot hurts, and I am just plain tired. But I'm not complaining. My sore muscles are the result of levering some large rocks and chaining them to the backblade of the old 8N. It's the first day I've been able to do any outside work this spring. The weekend would have been perfect for such labors, but I was in prison. Today, it was time to get cracking, so I changed the oil on my truck, fought with the rocks, took the chains off the tractor, and made a pretty successful day of it. The rocks now reside at the far end of the property where people have this annoying habit of parking on the lawn instead of the side of the road. Last year there were ruts halfway across the lawn. It will be interesting to see if the county has anything to say about it.

Sore muscles are a good thing. I know people who wish they could be active enough to be sore. Tonight, Linda rubbed my back with some liniment, so I should sleep well, and after a long weekend, I'm back in my own bed, with her by my side. It's pretty ordinary stuff, but that's what most of life is. Some people crave adventure and danger; for me, ordinary is just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment