Friday, November 19, 2021

Silence

November 19, 2021


In my reading this morning of St. Paul’s letter to the Romans, my attention was drawn to his diagnosis of the problem of human sin. I’ve been pondering it ever since, and started to write on it until I realized I needed to give it more thought before I put my fingers to the keyboard. Entire books have been written in commentary on Paul’s epistle, and on the theological perspective he espouses. Once words appear online, they are there forever, for better or worse, so I thought it best to give it time to simmer before putting it out there. 


Abraham Lincoln is credited with saying, “It’s best to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt.” Whether or not he said it matters not; it is good advice, and I’ll take it tonight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment