Friday, November 5, 2021

Another Day’s Story

 November 5, 2021

After driving all day, arriving at the hospital around 5:00, spending a couple hours talking and praying with my brother in law, his wife, cousin, and I got a late supper and went to bed. Verna shook me awake at 2:30. Dennis was gone. We headed to the hospital so Verna could say her goodbyes, then came home for a couple hours’ sleep. I had written about bad news, good news for the past two days, and watched it play out before my eyes today. When I got the call Wednesday that things weren’t looking optimistic, I had been trying to wire my truck lights so I could take my sidecar motorcycle to Ohio for servicing. I’m no mechanic, and an even worse car electrician, so the wiring job wasn’t going too well. Had it gone as planned, I would have been in western Ohio when the call came in. The bad news of my wiring problem became the good news of being able to immediately pack a few things and drive south. One day more would have been too late. 


I still don’t know how God intends to turn the bad news of Dennis’ death into good news, but I believe it will happen. I had been so confident that God was going to heal him, and cannot believe all the prayers of all the people are in vain. Dennis’ deepest desire was to see his son come back to Christ, and for his own life to be a witness to others of the grace of Christ unto salvation. So now I adjust my prayers to align with his, and give thanks to have been able to be a part of his story, going back more than fifty years. That story is for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment