Saturday, November 19, 2016

Safety

November 20, 2016

It's been a long day, and I am very tired. The morning was spent digging ditches and laying drain tile for friends whose yard is soggy and basement damp. Hopefully, this will take care of the problem. This evening we drove to Buffalo to watch the grandson of our best friends perform in his high school production of Grease. It was incredible what these kids did! The choreography was professional level, as were the vocals.

My gratitude is simple. I am grateful that although there were a few close calls, I didn't flip my tractor while we were doing the job, and that the weather cleared up for the ride home after the play. The misty rain made visibility pretty dicey on the way up, but everything was clear for the ride home till we hit Cassadaga. No surprise there! The snow started falling, the roads were slushy, and we took our time, arriving without incident. A warm fire in the stove for Alex and Abi, and I am ready for bed, thankful for this day of blessing and safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment