Friday, November 25, 2016

Losing It

November 25, 2016

I must be losing it. Well, actually, I did. I had a Christmas gift for Linda put away, but today when I thought I'd retrieve and wrap it, I couldn't find where I put it. I've looked everywhere I can think of, to no avail. I still have time to locate it, but not knowing where to look makes it a bit difficult. I want to find it for two reasons: I paid good money for it, and it's for Linda. The Bible tells how God looks for us. I wonder if his motive is similar to mine: He paid a good price for us, and he searches because he loves us even more than I love Linda, which is a lot.

I'll keep looking for that elusive gift, and God keeps looking for his lost children. He paid the price of his Son's blood for us, and isn't about to quit looking till he finds what is lost. I hope to do the same, but I'm not as good at looking for lost things as God is. But losing something I've paid for is a reminder of greater things for which to give thanks tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment