Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Progress

November 8, 2016

I am thankful tonight that all the election foofraw is finally over. Except of course, for the recounts, legal challenges, gloating (or moaning and groaning), excuses, analysis paralysis, and vilification. At least, we don't have to endure any more of those endless political ads. Mostly, I am thankful that whichever candidate will be sworn into office in January, Jesus Christ hasn't been dethroned and is not threatened by Democrats, Republicans, ISIS, or any other human foolishness.

I am thankful that after an expensive week of mishaps, not once did I lose my joy. A few years ago, even one of the events of the past week would have sent me into a major funk. Tonight, I look back on an expensive truck repair, a broken bass, a lost phone, and all I see is Gospel lessons and learning experiences. Major progress! Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment