Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

May 25, 2015 Memorial Day

For about a month, I've been limping around with a sore foot. The podiatrist said it is "Plantar Fascitis," essentially tennis elbow of the foot. He gave me some steroid pills that really helped, but once they were gone, the pain returned. He gave me a steroid shot in the heel; lots of fun, I can say! That too, wore off, and for the past week, I've been hobbling around like an old man, which I will not admit to. With the yard and garden work we've been attacking over the weekend, it's really flared up.

But I refuse to complain. Memorial Day is a reminder of the life and death sacrifices made by our military. So many died horribly painful deaths from their injuries, while countless others survived, but broken in body and soul, suffering daily, often for years. Whatever discomfort my foot gives me is merely that...discomfort, not worth comparing to the disfigurement, disability, and pain they live with constantly. I am grateful tonight for their sacrifices and for the life I am privileged to live because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment