Saturday, May 9, 2015

Going Further

May 9, 2015

We hardly expected it, but are grateful for it. The trip down to Norfolk took us about 12 hours, which we took in a single day. Due to the exercise class Linda teaches, we weren't able to get started until Thursday at noon. Do the math. Needless to say, by the time we arrived, I was tired, so we decided to break it into two segments for the trip home. At the beginning of the day we didn't know (and didn't particularly care) what time we would get started, so we just played it by ear, and following Jill's memorial service, we had a delightful time with Chuck and Kelly and their family before starting for home.

Jill loved Virginia Beach, so we joined the the family at the boardwalk, then headed north. Initially, the traffic was pretty congested, but after we got through the tunnel under the channel, things thinned out considerably, and after four hours' driving, I felt better than I expected, so we kept going. So instead of Fredericksburg or Warrenton, we are spending the night in Winchester. Like I said, I didn't expect to get this far, and am grateful that we did. My Mother's Day gift to Linda will be that she doesn't have to spend the entire day in the car. Believe me, she'll appreciate that more than flowers or candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment