Friday, March 13, 2015

Protection

March 13, 2015

There is much for which to be thankful today. Aside from the beautiful weather, God's love and grace has been manifest in numerous ways to the Bailey clan today. I had gone to our Cassadaga house to work on the broken plumbing when I got a call from Linda telling me we had received the bill from Colburns for the work they did repairing our boiler. It came to $940. After all the previous trouble we had had with it, that may sound like bad news, but they put the entire work, parts and labor under warranty. The bill came to zero! I can't speak highly enough of this company; their integrity and work far exceeds my expectations. I would recommend them to anyone.

With a bit of cobbling, my friend Harry and I managed to get the apartment kitchen faucet operational, although we won't know if it still leaks till tomorrow when we put the water pressure to it. Band rehearsal was looming, so we ran out of time to check it out. Even if it needs a bit of tweaking, we're further along than we were before; the lines for the hot water baseboard heat made it through the freeze intact, so any way I look at it, we are golden!

Tonight we have the grandkids for the evening, except for the oldest ones who are staying in Panama for play practice. It's always an enjoyable time. Tonight we had supper, cleaned up the table (yes, they all pitch in, even little Gemma, clearing the table for games), played hide and seek, and a few rounds of Nines, a favorite card game of theirs. But the real focus of my gratitude tonight is protection. Linda, Gemma, and I were playing catch in the kitchen with a soft ball. Madeline asked if we could move to the back room so they could hide shamrocks the girls had made for us to find. We moved to the back room and tossed the ball back and forth till Gemma tired of it. She turned away just as the globe from the ceiling fan somehow came loose from the fixture and crashed to the floor, shattering into hundreds of razor sharp shards. Seconds before, she had been standing right where it fell. A tragedy was narrowly avoided simply by the grace of God. We are very thankful tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment