Monday, March 2, 2015

Everything's Broke But Love

February 28, 2015

My iPad keyboard is acting goofy; won't connect, so no post tonight. Typing on the screen keyboard works for short notes, but not for anything else. Hopefully tomorrow things will be back to normal, but at the rate things have been breaking around here, I wouldn't hold my breath. Furnace twice, truck, frozen pipes; we just LOVE spending money on things that break! The good news is, so far, neither of us has quit like the other stuff. Last I checked, we both were still breathing; I'm grateful for that.


March 1, 2015

Something inside me keeps wanting to type in September for the date. I'm not sure why; there's no way after this winter that I want to miss summer! That's beside the point. The point is, it seems like this is the season for things breaking around the Bailey homestead. Let's see...the furnace in our Cassadaga home we're trying to sell--twice, with accompanying water pipes, my truck's 4wd, along with some sensor, either my iPad or it's keyboard, the infamous mirror/bass switcheroo, which although not technically something broken, it is just as AWOL as if I had dropped it off the roof. This afternoon, I had to attend a meeting in Busti, a little community about 45 minutes away. As I started home, radio playing, it seemed as if the music was a bit loud on the lower end, so I turned it off, only to discover that it wasn't the radio. Linda's muffler was singing it's own tune, and it sounded strangely like the theme song to that old spaghetti western, "Fistful of Dollars," except it's not my fist that will be holding them. I can't complain; the old girl (I'm speaking here of the car, not Linda) has 200,000 miles on her, as in, she's rolled over twice, and this is the first time she's even growled (still talking about the car).

February has been a pretty expensive month, perhaps not quite as much as April will be, once we've got our taxes all figured out, but it hasn't cost us our lives, as it has for two friends I buried in February, and it hasn't compromised our health, and it hasn't damaged any of our friendships. We are surrounded by good people, many of whom actually love us, our lives are filled with purpose and meaning, and each night as we lay down to sleep, we do so beside the person we love most in this world. So again I ask, "What is there not to be thankful for?"

No comments:

Post a Comment