Thursday, December 14, 2023

Read the Minutes

 December 14, 2023

Tonight’s Chautaqua County Beekeepers Meeting was cancelled. I would have known that had I read last month’s minutes. As it was, there was no meeting. I drove over to our meeting place, sat outside wondering where everyone was before deciding to check my emails, and subsequently missed the first of our church’s Advent dinner and Bible study. In itself, this isn’t a catastrophe, but it is a reminder of something far more significant.


I wonder how many have never “read the minutes” of life, end up heading into a dead-end destination, and miss the most important meeting of their lives? Their Bible lies unopened somewhere, unable to impart direction and meaning, while we go running off, chasing some goal that somehow never materializes. Meanwhile, God is at work blessing people who had the good sense to open the Book and find Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment