Friday, December 1, 2023

Home With Us

 December 1, 2023

I’ve been thinking about Jesus’ word in John 15:4––“Abide in me,” ie. “Make me where you land when you don’t have to be anywhere else.” God has been working on me in that regard, weaning me away from the distractions of this world which so easily command my attention. I’ve written about this a number of times. 


This morning, God brought another dimension of this command to my attention. It’s found a few verses earlier, in chapter 14. ”Jesus…said, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.“

—John 14:23 


It’s one thing to make God our home, our default; where we land when we have nothing pressing upon us. It’s quite another to think that he does the same with us. Not that there is ever a time when God has nothing pressing upon him, but to think that he values us so much that he makes his home with us is even more amazing than the thought that he invites us make our home with him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment