Sunday, December 17, 2023

 December 17, 2023


How could it be possible to top seeing your son-in-law praying over his children on their birthdays, knowing that he also do so every day? I don’t have words adequate for the deep joy this brings me. It’s one thing to pray for them ourselves; seeing your children praying for their children takes it to a whole ‘nother level. I don’t have the photos, but this scene has been repeated over and over as I’ve watched Nate and Matt praying over their children.


Raising children hasn’t gotten any easier in the years since we were raising ours. Training them to have good ethics, morality, and competence can take them only so far. In a world filled with both goodness and evil, discernment between right and wrong is a spiritual task, and only spiritual competence is adequate. Linda and I are blessed to see the foundation our children are laying for theirs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment