Thursday, October 15, 2020

Calm

 October 15, 2020


The morning sunshine was glorious, setting the autumn leaves ablaze with color; by the time we were on our way home from grocery shopping, clouds were scudding across the sky, threatening the rain that began in a slow drizzle. Since my day’s work was mostly inside, it didn’t matter, and I’m thankful tonight to have finished installing the electric and drywall in our granddaughter’s room. Mudding comes next; the finish line is in sight! After supper, we attended a swim meet, watching two other granddaughters taking first places in their events. Now Linda lies beside me, slumbering while I try to think of something worthwhile to say. I’m drawing a blank there, so I’ll leave it at just being thankful that in these crazy times in which we live, we are blessed with good health, loving relationships, and a bright future with the God who holds that future in his hands. Storms may come, but Jesus calms storms by the words of his lips. If I listen, there is no storm he will not still.


No comments:

Post a Comment