Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Amateur Nurse

 October 13, 2020


We’ve spent the day with mom. She’s gotten to the point where she is pretty much bedridden, unable to even sit up for more than a few minutes at a time. She sleeps most of the time, and needs help with basic care. Which is where my wife comes in. In the past, I’ve come to see mom by myself when Linda has had prior commitments, but now my wife insists on coming with me every time, setting aside her own plans to help my sister in law give care that would be inappropriate for sons to give. I’m upstairs right now, while Linda and Judy are with mom. I can hear laughter drifting up the stairs as these two amateur nurses do their best for her. Tonight I am so thankful for a wife who loves my mother enough to move out of her comfort zone to give mom the care she needs. Every man should be blessed with such a wife, every mother in law with such daughters in law!


No comments:

Post a Comment