Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Thankful

May 9, 2018


Sometimes I’m just not up to the task of trying to find something for which to give thanks that might be meaningful to someone else. Tonight is one of those times. It’s been a busy day, and I’m fighting what is shaping up to be a chronic congestion that is sapping my energy. So tonight, I’m thankful that I can breathe at all. I’m thankful for the warmth and sunshine that filled the day. I’m thankful to have been able to spread gravel and fill low spots in the lawn. I’m thankful for the pastors who prayed together this morning for our community. I’m thankful to have been able to use ideas that came to me in the middle of the night to write a sermon this morning. I’m thankful for the people I met when I went out into the community this morning to have coffee at a Puerto Rican bakery. I’m thankful for the people at the Dunkirk church who meet every Wednesday for Bible study and lunch. I’m thankful for my wife, who keeps going when she doesn’t feel well. I’m thankful to have been able to watch two granddaughters play softball this evening. I’m thankful for our home, and for a warm bed tonight. This doesn’t cover it all, but it’s as good as I can do tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment