Saturday, May 5, 2018

Full Circle

May 5, 2018

It’s not often that I can devote an entire day to physical labor. I’m glad it’s finally evening, but I can look back and see clearly all that was accomplished. The brakes are on the bike, so I can ride to church tomorrow, the swing set is dismantled and waiting to be delivered to a friend with young children. I even cleaned up my bay in the garage! Linda had Eliza and Gemma raking the leaves and twigs from the yard, while I commandeered Ian to drive the tractor as I loaded log chunks to take over to our son’s for his fire pit. Along the way, we cleaned up and put away the brush Nate had trimmed from his hedge. Izzi and Jo came over midway through the projects, and cleaned up the access to the swimming hole.


We are blessed to have grandchildren living near enough to be available when we have work to be done, and I am grateful also for my tractor and bucket that makes so much of the work easier. It was a beautiful day to work, and we made the most of it. Bit by bit, we are chipping away at it so that when summer arrives, maybe we can slow down and enjoy it. The Bible says that God’s blessing goes from generation to generation. We are seeing it, and are thankful tonight for the blessings that are coming full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment