Monday, September 8, 2014

The Weary Find Rest

September 8, 2014

Tonight's reflection will be short. It's been a long, busy day, and I'm tired; actually, weary. It's a bit odd, since I haven't worked any harder than usual today. We drove to my late mother in law's house to patch the roof and chlorinate the well, picked up a swing set frame for our daughter in law, then I laid more tile in the bathroom before having supper and going to men's group. Pretty normal day, it was. But I'm tired, so even though it's fairly early, I'm going to bed, thankful that I have a bed that's comfortable inside a home that suits me, in a part of the world where I don't have to wonder and worry about who might come in the middle of the night to do us ill. This is a blessing most people throughout history have never known, and I am grateful for it, and for the rest I anticipate.

1 comment:

  1. With a house and a bed, we have more than so many people. I'm grateful for God's blessings such as these every day. We are blessed more than we realize.

    ReplyDelete