Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Word

 April 10, 2024

“The word of the Lord came to Samuel” (1 Samuel 3:21). “The word of Samuel came to Israel” (1 Samuel 4:1). These verses follow one right after the other. That’s the way it should be. If God speaks a word to me, his intent is that I speak that word to others. Peter tells us that there is no private interpretation of the Word of God. It is given to be shared, and in a way that can be verified. 


Years ago, a woman came to my wife, telling her that God told her that Linda had a word for her. Linda’s response was, “I wish he had told me, too.” Too often, God’s word gets twisted by people with hidden agendas. God doesn’t intend for us to hide his revelation and hoard it for ourselves. When we speak it out, we open ourselves to correction, which is a good thing. Never assume you have the final word. God reserves that for himself. But when he gives us a word, he expects we share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment