Thursday, August 1, 2019

Kneeling

August 1, 2019


She was kneeling before the old woman, tenderly massaging her legs with moisturizing creme. A few moments before she had put drops in the woman’s eyes after noticing they seemed dry and tired. The others sitting in the room were oblivious to that which was obvious to her. I was one of those in the room, and watching my wife kneel before my mother, I silently offered a prayer: “God, I love that woman!” In my seventy years on this planet, I’ve never known another person who is as attentive to the needs of others and who gives as much of herself for others as does Linda. Today it was my mother who was so clearly the recipient of Linda’s heart, but I’ve been by far the biggest beneficiary. I have much for which to be thankful in this life, but of the blessings of this world, Linda sits enthroned at the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment