Saturday, August 10, 2019

Done!

August 10, 2019

Tonight’s thankfulness will be short and sweet. Or at least short. Apparently I left my iPad on, and the battery was completely drained when it came time to write. I’m thumb typing on my phone, which will compress things considerably. When I got up this morning, I could hardly move, but there was still work to be done, so after breakfast, I trudged out to the backyard where the remnants of the two ash trees were waiting patiently for me, lying on the ground. Those chunks were the only things lying around today.


About three hours later, with Linda’s help, everything was split and stacked. It not only looks good; it feels good to finish the job. The only thing left to do is rake up the bark and chips, and later this fall, to haul it inside load by load, and burn it. Tonight, I’m thankful that it’s done, and I’ll appreciate the warmth all the more for having labored over it this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment