Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Twist

September 11, 2018

A twist of fate always sounds ominous. A twist in the plot stokes our interest, keeping us reading, while twisting in the wind is something none of us want to do. Chubby Checker had us dancing the Twist, and seeing a young girl twisting her hair speaks either of boredom or apprehension. While helping my friend Harry wire our son’s bathroom, we twisted wires together to make sure everything was connected and grounded properly. And this morning as I was unloading my air compressor from the back of my truck, I twisted my ankle. Again. Ouch.

This time, I wasn’t trying to lift more than I should have. I was being careful, but just stepped wrong. Had I not strained it the other day, today would not have happened, and I wouldn’t be limping around again. Tonight, I am not dancing the Twist and thankfully, I’m not twisting in the wind. I don’t have enough hair to twist, and for now I’m done wiring. Some might see in this second twist of the ankle a twist of fate, but I prefer to look for a twist in the plot that opens up new possibilities as I have to slow my pace a bit and at least temporarily shuffle my way through life. I may lag behind a bit, but I hope that doesn’t leave me twisting in the wind. Maybe instead, I could get a chocolate twist ice cream cone. That would make me happy. And thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment