Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Oils

March 22, 2017

I didn't sleep well last night. Late in the day I felt a sore throat coming on, and by bedtime, it was in full flower. Every half hour or 45 minutes, I was popping a throat lozenge into my mouth. Fortunately, I sleep on my stomach, so I wasn't in much danger of inhaling it, but that raw burning didn't allow me much slumber.

Our daughter sells Doterra essential oils. When she began, I was skeptical; it sounded too much like snake oil-good for whatever ails you. Last winter I began using them at the first signs of a cold, and for the first time I can remember, I didn't come down with a cold or flu that put me out of action for at least a day or two. Last night I oiled up, and though I didn't sleep well then, today the soreness has subsided into a mild scratchiness, and I expect that by morning even that will be gone. No modern chemical solution, just the natural healing properties of plants that have been used for generations. I am thankful for my daughter who got us started with these oils, for the oils themselves, and for God's infinite wisdom in providing in the world he created just what our bodies need for life and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment