Thursday, March 23, 2017

Happy News

March 23, 2017

The email couldn't have come at a better time. It read (and I quote): "Hey Jim, I'm afraid my email didn't quite make sense. Upright groups will not be meeting tonight; they were switched to last night. Sorry about the mix up. I will send emails earlier from now on. Once again, sorry about the confusion."

The Fredonia bass society is a group of college students who simply like the instrument, whether electric or upright. I've been playing with them for two years now, learning the instrument and joining in small ensembles. Normally the electric kids meet on Wednesday evening, while the upright group meets on Thursdays. A schedule conflict necessitated a change, and I misread the notice. When I responded that I was planning on coming tonight, Blake (the president of the society) sent me the above email.

I am better than last night, but my nose has been running a steady stream and I've been sneezing like one of the Seven Dwarfs (you can imagine which one, but for all you cynics and wiseacres, it's not Dopey). So when that email arrived, I did a little happy dance. Not really. But I wanted to. My heart did a little happy dance. My body just sniffled and sneezed. I am grateful to have been able to stay home tonight and just go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment