Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Tired

 February 28, 2024

Today’s reading was Psalm 21, words I needed to hear this morning. I sometimes wonder if I’ll ever again wake up not tired. Saturday and Monday I slept in till 7:30, something I rarely do, but it didn’t seem to make much difference in my early morning weariness. When I sit down to read my Bible and pray, it’s a struggle to keep my eyes open. Sometimes it feels like I’m just going through the motions, but I am determined to keep at it.


Psalm 21 begins with these words, “The king shall rejoice in your strength, O Lord.” That’s good news. Revelation 1:6 and 5:10 says we are “kings and priests,” which means I can rejoice in God’s strength even when I don’t feel I have it. Usually, we want to feel God’s strength, or his wisdom, or his guidance long before we actually need it. We want to go into challenging situations feeling strong, or wise, or knowing how it will turn out. Instead, we must go into those circumstances not feeling, but trusting that the strength or wisdom or guidance will be there when we need it. 


If we felt the strength before needing it, we wouldn’t need faith, and God would be wasting the gift of strength by imparting it before it is needed. God wastes nothing, so he waits till the moment we need the strength or wisdom. In doing so, he wastes nothing, and places us where we need faith. 


So even though I woke up tired, I chose to rejoice because I know that when I actually need it, God’s strength will be there. Until then, he allows my weariness so I will be more motivated to seek his strength. 


No comments:

Post a Comment