Monday, February 5, 2024

 February 5, 2024

This morning I woke with a heavy sadness. It has been a momentous and difficult week. Yesterday, we gathered to worship and praise God for his faithfulness to us, but sometimes life can get heavy. When Psalm 30:5 says, “weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning,” I don’t believe that statement is to be taken literally. I certainly didn’t feel joyous this morning. 

Nevertheless, I got up, ate breakfast, read my Bible and prayed. I drove to Cassadaga to help our granddaughter and her husband with the remodeling of the building that will house their coffee shop. Linda and I had supper and went to our respective Bible study groups. Our feelings are not our masters, so we don’t let them decide what we do.

I still feel that emotional and spiritual weight as I write at 9:00 pm. But I choose to praise and worship God, and to give thanks. Why? Because praise and thanksgiving is how we enter his presence.

‘Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.”      —Psalm 100‬:‭4‬-‭5‬ ‭

Here is my request of you tonight: Pray for me. And tell me in the comments how you see God at work in your circumstances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment