Monday, August 15, 2022

What’s in Your Hand

 August 15, 2022

“And Yahweh said to him, “What is this in your hand?” And he said, “A staff.” …You must take this staff in your hand, with which you will do the signs.” …And Moses took the staff of God in his hand.” —Exodus 4:2, 17, 20 


Too often we shortchange ourselves. The old hymn says, “Nothing in my hand I bring; simply to thy cross I cling.” While it is true that there is nothing we can bring to God to purchase our salvation, it isn’t true that we come completely empty-handed. Before we even thought of God and Jesus and salvation, God was at work, shaping and training us for the plans he has for us.


When God called Moses, he asked a straightforward question: “What is in your hand?” He took the common tool of the shepherd and before he was done, that shepherd’s staff became “the staff of God” in his hand. I may not have much, but when I heed the call of God, whatever I have becomes a “staff of God” in my hand, an instrument of wonders and even miracles. Whatever talent you have, give it to God. You’ll be amazed at the big and eternal things he can accomplish through the ordinary stuff we hold in our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment