Saturday, August 6, 2022

Watering Donkeys

 August 6, 2022

“These were the sons of Zibeon: both Ajah and Anah. This was the Anah who found the water in the wilderness as he pastured the donkeys of his father Zibeon.” —Genesis 36:24 


These words intrigued me this morning as I was reading my Bible. What could possibly have been so significant about finding water in the wilderness while pasturing some donkeys? I get it that this was originally written to desert people, and that finding an oasis in the wilderness was no small matter, and I could maybe understand if this were included in the genealogy of Israel, but this is in the genealogical record of Esau. Why have it recorded in Scripture? 


I don’t know the answer, but I can say this: if something so insignificant in world history as finding water while pasturing donkeys is worthy of record, even the insignificant parts of my life matter to God. So today, while talking with my friend Chuck, or when bottling honey from my bees may not seem important, who knows? As a preacher once said, “Little things can mean a lot.” I am counting on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment