Monday, February 21, 2022

Light

February 21, 2022


A day that doesn’t begin in the Bible gets lost in the shuffle of life. Friday evening, I noticed light flashes in my right eye when I looked from right to left. They diminished Saturday, but reappeared in the evening. Sunday morning, I saw thread-like “floaters” around the outside edge of my right eye. I knew something needed to be done.


This morning as soon as it was proper to do so, I called my eye doctor who wanted me to come right in. I did so, and before it was all over, she sent me to Buffalo for further examination. I called Linda, who canceled her plans for the day and we headed north. That appointment was set for 1:15, and we arrived right on time. Three hours later, I had been questioned, examined, and operated on. There was a slight tear in the retina which he treated by (as he said) tack-welding the area around the tear to the back of the eyeball.


It is a lot harder than you would imagine to not turn your head sideways or nod up and down. Any such movement must be made slowly so as not to detach his tack-weld. I never before noticed how much I turn my head quickly to see something while driving or looking out the window. 


But what I notice most of all is that the day has passed without me being seriously in the Word of God. I read some early this morning, but didn’t have the time to really meditate upon the Scriptures, which leaves me feeling spiritually diminished. The psalm is true when it says, “The entrance of thy words gives light” (Ps. 119:130), and that light is healing to the soul, just as the doctor’s laser, focused on the wound, was healing to my eye, 

No comments:

Post a Comment