Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Help!

 February 15, 2022

For Christmas, Linda bought me an AutoWit Supercap, and it is amazing! This morning, son Nathan called and asked if I were in Sinclairville.


“I’m home,” I replied.


“Good. I’m in town and Dan called, needing a jump start for his car so he can go to work.”


I was so excited! I got to try out my Christmas gift and help my friend at the same time! I suited up (it was -4F), pulled the unit from the back of Linda’s car, walked to Dan’s house, and hooked it up. In about three minutes, it was ready to go. The buzzer sounded, we counted down from ten, and Dan turned the key. His 2015 Honda with the original battery started right up! 


For those of you who aren’t familiar with this little gem, the AutoWit Supercap is a small unit about the size of a standard brick. It’s filled with capacitors that take the small residual electricity that is still in a dead battery and amplifies it to the 12 volts needed to start a car. It has no batteries itself, so doesn’t need to be charged and can never go dead itself even if stored for years. It is electronically designed so you can’t accidentally toast the delicate electronics in modern cars. Jumper cables just became obsolete.


This isn’t a commercial; I was excited to be able to test out my Christmas gift, and even more to help out a good friend. Receiving a gift is good; passing the blessing along is better.


No comments:

Post a Comment