Saturday, November 14, 2020

Not as Planned

November 14, 2020


The only problem with DIY projects is that inevitably I get to a point where DIY becomes “call the pro.” I had great plans for today. Linda had taken the girls for their annual Christmas shopping spree at Grove City, and I had a full day to get things done. Full that is, after fixing breakfast for three of the grandkids, taxiing two of them to a going-away gathering for a friend, and the other to a soccer scrimmage. I rushed to the store for the parts I needed for my project, rushed home, and discovered there was no way I was going to accomplish the one small task necessary to get to the next step. 


Back to town to pick up the soccer kid, then to camp for the other two, and another try at the project. Nope. 


The day isn’t totally lost. After a gourmet meal of Ramen noodles, I’m writing, and will soon work out. Maybe even practice my bass. Though the day didn’t turn out quite as planned, I’m not in the same boat as so many whose lives didn’t turn out as planned. Sickness, accidents, poverty and hunger, or relationships that ran aground, haven’t been my lot in life. I am blessed beyond measure, and thankful that God willing, I will sleep well and wake in the morning rested to worship and give praise to my Maker and Redeemer.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment