Monday, August 10, 2020

Eyes to See

 August 10, 2020


The back roads ride to the doctor’s office was pleasant, but the actual visit didn’t accomplish anything. Saturday my right eye started itching, and by Sunday night, it was swollen, the lid tender to the touch. This has happened before, and the ointment the eye doctor prescribed then seemed to do the trick. This time, it hasn’t made a lick of difference. My regular GP wasn’t in the office today, so the PA saw me. She recommended I continue the ointment that so far hasn’t worked; I’ll do it, but we’ll have to wait and see if it does any good.


I got to thinking about the millions of people around the world who have little if any access to a doctor, and for whom antibiotics and other medicines are completely unavailable. For me, if things don’t improve, I can go back and they’ll try something else. For most people throughout history, an eye infection such as I have was a shortcut to blindness. No, I didn’t get the answer I had hoped for, but the ride was beautiful, and I still have options. I am very blessed today!


No comments:

Post a Comment