Saturday, August 8, 2020

A Good Day

 


August 8, 2020


It’s been a long time since I slept in past 6:30, but today, it was almost 8:00 am. After grabbing a quick breakfast, I took the tractor tire to the tire shop for mounting. Fifteen bucks and minutes later, I was on my way home. It was important to get it done first thing, because little Nate was coming over in the afternoon to help move firewood, and I needed some time with the Lord before things started getting crazy. 


On my way home, I stopped at son Nathan’s to see his new wood splitter in operation. He fired it up, and I have to say, I was impressed! Instead of hydraulic, it’s kinetic, depending on a huge flywheel and springs to split the wood. It is about twice as fast as any hydraulic I’ve seen, and before I left, he offered to bring it over to split up the chunks from the trees we had cut down a couple weeks ago. 


A little later, he pulled in, just about the same time as his nephew little Nate. Less than three hours later, we had five cords split and stacked, and I haven’t even started on the wood out back. All this to say, this 71 year-old body is a slight bit tired. My workout schedule called for a half hour of cardio today, but I think I’m going to pass. 


It’s been a good day, working with Linda and the two Nates. The only cloud in the sky was those ungrateful bees that decided this afternoon that it was time to take off for parts unknown. On the bright side, at 71, I’m able to do things many people half my age are unable to do, and I’m looking forward to preaching once more in Dunkirk, this time on a subject I actually know something about—shame. I’ve known it, and I’ve experienced Jesus lifting that weight from my shoulders. It’s going to be a good day, and I am already thankful for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment