Friday, June 28, 2019

PMJ


June 28, 2019

Sitting through a concert is not my wife’s idea of fun, so when one I want to see comes along, what do I do? I enlist granddaughters. We got to the Amphitheater in plenty of time, found seats where we could see the stage, and sat down to wait for the show to begin when an usher approached and asked if we would like to upgrade to reserved seating...no charge! Front and center, sixth row back; they weren’t the absolute best seats in the house, but we were pretty close. 

Post-Modern Jukebox was formed in 2011 with college friends playing together in the basement of jazz pianist Scott Bradlee. Musicians rotate in and out, more than fifty of them so far, playing vintage and jazz versions of popular songs. The singers and instrumentalists are consummate performers, giving us a wonderful evening of outstanding vocals and virtuoso instrumentals.


Singing in the shower is ok, but music is best when shared. I got to share it tonight with two young ladies who appreciate it as much as I do, and am grateful to have them nearby for the summer, and willing to spend an evening with their grandfather. How many grandfathers get to hear a grown grandchild say, “This was the best evening I’ve had?” When I count blessings, Alex and Abi are at the top of today’s list.

No comments:

Post a Comment