Saturday, June 8, 2019

easy blessings

June 8, 2019

Normally, six hours in a car is not something for which I would give much thanks, but yesterday I had the privilege of accompanying my associate in ministry to her retirement dinner at Annual Conference. She had originally thought she wouldn’t be able to attend, not having adequate transportation, but after coming home from conference for my anniversary, I already had to return to bring home the friend who rode in with me two days earlier. It was a simple and easy thing to do, but it meant a lot to her; she broke down in tears when she received her certificate of appreciation for her years of service. 


It doesn’t always take a great act of sacrifice to make a difference for someone. Often a simple kindness is all it takes. If it had been a great inconvenience, I might be able to take some credit for making sure Debbie was able to attend her retirement dinner, but blessing her yesterday was an easy pleasure, for which we both give thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment