Saturday, April 27, 2019

My List

April 27, 2019

One of the problems I have with daily putting down in print the things for which I am thankful is the fact that most days are so filled with activity that it’s usually dark before I can even stop to reflect. This morning, Linda and I drove to Grove City College to hear our granddaughter speak to about a thousand prospective students and parents. She had been asked to be one of two student presenters, and did an outstanding job with both content and presentation. 

After the presentation, we drove home, had a quick lunch before I settled in to preparing lessons for when I next go to Cuba. It took me the rest of the afternoon up to suppertime, after which I worked some more on them. I’ve also been working to locate some previous lessons I had put together, but so far, to no avail. So here it is, nearly bedtime, and I’ve given precious little thought to gratitude. I’ve just been working. 


I suspect most of us live in a similar world. It’s not that we want to be ingrates; we just put our heads down and push our way through life. We aren’t necessarily dissatisfied or complaining; we’re just forgetfully busy. So tonight, I give thanks for that busyness, for stuff that is always on the list, needing to be done. When the last item on that list is checked off, it’s probably time to check out, and I’m not ready for that yet. My list keeps getting longer. I’d say it’s a sort of job security, only with life, but I know it doesn’t work that way. Someday I’ll hear God’s call; it may be soon, or it may be many years from now. I just hope when it comes, there are still things on my list. If there are, I just might leave that list in my will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment