Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Sunday’s Coming

February 21, 2018

Sometimes the best part of a day is that it’s over. It hasn’t been a bad one; my life is filled with good people, a wife who loves me, and resources enough to make life comfortable. But when it came to putting Sunday’s sermon together, it was like my brain was made of mush. I had plenty of notes to work from, but just couldn’t get my mind to work right. Four hours at the desk produced the makings of a sermon, but nothing that makes me really happy. The family I had intended to visit weren’t home. When I got home tonight, Linda kept asking me if everything was OK. It wasn’t, but it wasn’t her. It was that miserable excuse for a sermon.


I’ve been at it long enough to not panic like I used to when I started out. Sunday is still four days away, and God is faithful. Tomorrow is a new day, and with it come new mercies, for which I am thankful tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment