Tuesday, May 3, 2016

It's Big

May 3, 2016

"I didn't realize how BIG it is!" Those were Linda's exact words as her eyes got big like saucers. Since this is a family oriented post I won't say what went through my mind, but alas! She was looking at the bass I had set up in the living room. She must have been thinking cello when I said bass, so I guess it's a good thing I didn't get the second one I had a line on. She's trying to figure out where I can put it that doesn't take over the entire room, but so far, no luck.

I'm having a great time with it; it's fun to play, has a cool thump, and when I put the bow to it, she responds with a deep, resonant growl. But it is big, and the grandfather's clock I rebuilt took up the last big space we had. Something has to go, and if I'm not careful, I think it will be me. I did redeem myself today however, when I came home with a new lawnmower. She was worried I would go for the super duper extra fancy model, but I fooled her with the bare bones model perfect for the trim work for which I bought it. She LIKES it! I'm grinning. And picking. My bass.

My peace and well-being doesn't depend on anything material. That bass is nice to have, but I could walk away from it in a heartbeat because I've not set my heart on it. What I love most about it is the opportunities it has given me to meet people and share Christ with them, which is the reason for my gratitude tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment