Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Email Woes and Whoopies

October 8, 2014

Last evening pastor Joe pulled me aside at the swim meet and said, "Your pastor Jim email account is no longer any good." No, he wasn't giving me the boot; there was some sort of glitch with the server that I don't understand. What I do understand is that there was going to be a lot of work ahead of me to let people know that my email has changed. I like my iPad and all it can do for me, but when it comes to the technical end of the internet, I come to my wit's end pretty quickly.

It couldn't have happened at a much worse time. I needed to send out a flurry of emails as a part of sponsoring a young man for the Koinonia weekend coming up, I'm getting ready for the Keryx prison ministry the following weekend, besides the regular email connections I have with people. How do I let that many people know of this change when I can't use my email account to tell them? Son Nate helped me with some of it, but it still took up most of my evening, which isn't how I had planned on spending it. On the other hand, this is a pretty minor irritation as irritations go. I'll go to a warm bed shortly, well fed and in safety. I have no fear of a knock on my door in the middle of the night that could result in my disappearance. Today was very productive; the ceiling trim, vanity cabinets are installed in the bathroom, the part needed for the tub faucet arrived enabling Linda to have her first tub bath in over a year, making her one very happy woman. Happy wife, happy life. To top it all off, it'll be some time before I get any spam email again. My email cloud has a very silver lining after all! BTW, my new email is james.douglas.bailey@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment