Monday, March 18, 2024

Trust Jesus

 March 18, 2024

Occasionally when I don’t have an early morning meeting, I turn on the tv to one of the YouTube worship music channels. The uplifting music and beautiful scenery form the backdrop for different Scripture verses. Today’s was,


“Let the morning bring me word 

of your unfailing love,

For I have put my trust in you.

Show me the way I should go,

For to you I entrust my life.”


I needed this. It’s been a busy and difficult week, and the one to come doesn’t look to be much easier. It’s easy when the pressure is on to begin thinking that everything depends on you; that the whole world is on your shoulders. When things are going wrong, I need to know of God’s unfailing love, and to be reminded to place my trust in the only One who knows the way I should go. 


When the OT king Jehoshaphat found himself on the battlefield surrounded by his enemies, he cried out to the Lord, 


“We have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; 

nor do we know what to do, 

but our eyes are upon you.”   


When surrounded by problems and you don’t know what to do, keep your eyes on Jesus! He knows the way; matter of fact, he IS the Way!

No comments:

Post a Comment