Saturday, January 13, 2024

Prepare

 January 13, 2024

Last November 24, Ezra 7:10 challenged me to prepare my heart to seek God, reminding me that I cannot merely waltz into God’s presence at will. If I were to seek an audience with King Charles, I would be required to learn the protocol, what is and isn’t appropriate when approaching his majesty. What would make me think an audience with the King of kings would be any less?


It’s Saturday night. It’s been a busy day. No one had to be up early this morning; no sports practices or musical rehearsals. We slept in, fed the grandkids breakfast, and at 11:00 did some volunteer work that kept us busy till about 4:00. Dinner and a TV mystery, and now it’s time to prepare. Tomorrow morning will be too late; if I haven’t begun preparing tonight, there isn’t enough time prior to our 8:30 worship service. 


Time to read, to meditate and pray, to review the music we’ll be playing. Preparing my heart takes time, so that’s what I’ll give it.


No comments:

Post a Comment