Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Perfect Peace

 January 24, 2024

Last week I decided I needed to do better keeping in touch with my grandchildren, particularly as they are spread all over the place in college, work, and life. So I am choosing a verse that I send to them each morning to hopefully get the day started right for them. The same verse every day for a week I figure will help cement it in their minds, so I began with this, adding a thought or question to help in understanding:


“You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” —Isaiah 26:3 


There are lots of things that can steal our peace of mind; the only thing that can keep it for us is steadfastly trusting in Christ. Though everything around us is in constant flux, He never changes, so if we want any stability in life, we must keep our minds fixed on him.


What does it mean for you to trust in God today?


What are you facing today? A test? Stress in a relationship? Struggling with sickness? In all of this, you can have peace when you focus on Christ more than on the problem. I am praying for each of you by name today.


Today, that word “steadfast” catches my attention. My mind tends to wander all over the place. I have to work hard to as St. Paul says, “bring every thought captive to Christ.” But the peace that produces is worth the struggle.


Friday I’ll choose a different verse; one more day of this word from Isaiah will wrap up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment