Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Two Prayers

 August 15, 2023

Tonight’s post will be short and sweet, but also very important. I have two prayer requests:


The first is for our Creek Kids. When Covid shut everything down, the kids who normally hung out in the village park migrated to our property with the creek swimming hole. Linda and I are mission-minded; I’ve traveled to many places over the years in order to spread the Gospel. We figured that instead of God sending us to the mission field, he was bringing the mission field to us, so whenever we saw people walking across or camping out on our lawn, we walked down, introduced ourselves, spelled out the rules, and got to know them. 


Last summer, a tragic incident dispersed the group, but a few weeks ago, some of them were back, and when Linda walked down to see who was there this time, she heard a hearty, “Hello, Mrs. Bailey!” It was Alex. When she asked where his brother was, Alex said, “Down there,” pointing to the creek. 


Just then, Dominic saw her and gave the same greeting, along with a hug. We invited them and Dominic’s girlfriend to dinner. They came, and we were able to talk with them about life, long-term relationships, and Jesus. Tomorrow, they’re coming to dinner again. Please pray that God will give us the wisdom we need, and will open their eyes and hearts to Christ.


The second prayer request is for me. Jesus has been very clear with me that he wants to be my “default,” the place where my thoughts go when I don’t have anything else I need to be focusing on. Not Facebook, not emails, not TV, or the newest shiny object that has captured my attention. He punctuated this conviction when I was in Cuba and lost my phone and iPad. I had no opportunity to whip it out and look at it in down times. I have a replacement phone and iPad, so now I have to work at making Jesus my default. It’s not as easy as you might think. I’m determined that this be my life reality, but old habits don’t die easily. Please pray for me. When Jesus commanded us: “Abide in me,” he was saying. “I want to be your home, where you come to rest and renew.” It is absolutely crucial that Jesus Christ be this to me. Apart from this, I have no message that’s worth hearing, so please pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment