Saturday, March 18, 2023

Pray for our Kids

 March 18, 2023

If you follow my musings at all, you know I posted nothing last night. That was because I was at a Christian youth leadership retreat in preparation for the full deal next weekend. That means I didn’t have internet access. Christian camps are not known for their internet service; it’s just not conducive to the ministry they do.

I’m writing tonight to beg (yes, beg) you to pray for our young people. I heard stories of incredible pain from some of these teenagers who are enduring situations I never would have imagined and have never experienced. Obviously, I cannot go into any detail, but know that the pressures they face, the betrayals they have often experienced, and the isolation they feel is heartbreaking. If the few stories I heard are any indication of what is happening in the broader youth culture, our kids are being assaulted from every side. Nonetheless, they are displaying a level of courage and vulnerability that I don’t believe I could muster, all so they might help their friends navigate their life issues.


I am humbled by their strength, even when they don’t feel strong, their faith when they have questions that can’t be answered, and their courage when it would be easier to simply give in and give up. I have a new set of heroes, and they are all still in their teens. Pray for them, thank God for them, and if you get even a whisper of opportunity, just sit and listen, giving your full attention. They need it, and we need them.


No comments:

Post a Comment