Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Far Beyond Me

 March 29, 2023

My morning prayer time with my friends Jeff and Rich always begins with a Psalm; today’s was 131. I should read this about every other day, as it has a message I need to hear regularly.


“LORD, my heart is not proud, 

Nor mine eyes lofty: 

Neither do I exercise myself in great matters, 

Or in things too high for me. 

Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, 

As a child that is weaned of his mother: 

My soul is even as a weaned child. 

Let Israel hope in the LORD 

From henceforth and for ever.”

—Psalm 131:1-3 


The news these days are increasingly bleak. Six people shot by a trans woman at a Christian school, and the mainstream media blames the victims and exonerates the murderer while our president jokes about ice cream. I’d bet the moniker of “hate crime” won’t even be whispered.


As society plunges further into demonic delusion and degradation, our only hope is the hope offered by this psalm: “Let Israel (and all others who believe) trust in the LORD from henceforth and forever.” And while we are trusting in him, I remind myself not to concern myself with things far beyond me, but to quiet myself in God as a small child is quieted in his mother’s presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment