Friday, March 18, 2022

Cuba Again

 March 18, 2022

Plans have finally come together; I’m Cuba-bound! I won’t publish the dates, but request your prayers, not just for me, but for the people there who have endured so much more than we during the pandemic. I will be teaching in the seminarios, but really ought to be sitting at their feet. The church in Cuba is growing; worship services are packed; people are hungry for the Gospel. They don’t have the luxury of online or streamed services. We could learn much from them about faithfulness in difficult times.


I’ve been asked to teach on the Christian family; the husband-wife relationship, raising godly children. God has been good to Linda and me; these are topics I think I can address with integrity. God willing, I’ll be able to teach about how to study the Bible, and sermon preparation. I also hope to teach on the opportunities and the pitfalls of the internet, which is fairly new and limited there. Pray that I will be faithful to the Gospel in my teaching, and that I’ll be able to minister to new gatherings as well as with old friends.


Covid has brought additional bureaucratic boondoggles to international travel. I have to arrange for a covid test to be administered no sooner than 72 hours prior to my flight.  


Pray also for Linda. Neither of us relishes the thought of being apart, but she’s not a world-traveler, and would rather me be away from her than her be away from home. Her support and prayers are as much a part of what I do in Cuba as my being there. 


This has been in the works for a long time. I’ve been preparing, planning, and praying for more than two years. This is your invitation to partner with me in prayer. Your prayers can spell the difference between ruin and revival. 

No comments:

Post a Comment