Sunday, October 17, 2021

Falling Hard

 October 17, 2021

Todd led devotion with the worship team this morning with these words: “Lean hard into Jesus, and when you fall, fall hard into Jesus.” Those words were like arrows to my heart. I’ve often used the phrase, “lean hard into Jesus,” but I’ve never before thought of falling into Jesus. 


I wish I could count the number of times I’ve fallen on one hand, but it would take all the fingers and toes of those Jesus fed on the mountainside…plus…to do it. It always felt like I was falling away from Jesus, but every time, he caught me. In spite of myself, I was falling into Jesus. 


In the upper room on the night Jesus was betrayed, Peter boasted that even if all the others denied Jesus, he would be faithful. Jesus’ response was, “Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren” (Luke 22:31-32).


Jesus prayed for him, and he prays for us. Hebrews 7:25 says, “He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.”


Peter often leaned on Jesus, but that night he fell hard and Jesus caught him. I’ve leaned on Jesus, but I’ve fallen hard, too. I thought I was falling away into a pit, but Jesus has never failed to catch me before I hit the bottom. He has never failed to catch me, and for that, I am grateful tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment