Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Three Tables

 June 23, 2021

My gratitude calendar for today suggests “three gifts found around a table.” These gifts began this morning at breakfast with my two pastor friends Jeff and Rich. We eat, talk, and pray together every Wednesday, a good way to start the day encouraging each other, and holding each other accountable. Their friendship is one of those gifts that comes unexpectedly and reaches deep into my heart.


For lunch, Linda and I sat at a table with our granddaughter Alex, eating and talking life. How can I explain the joy that settles deep within as we listened and laughed together. If watching your children grow and take their place in the world is a great blessing, watching your grandchildren do the same is like the cherry on the sundae.


This evening, our children and spouses treated us to a belated anniversary dinner followed by a visit to Big Tree for ice cream. Eight of us around a table in a crowded restaurant can make it difficult for me to hear the conversation, but the conversation wasn’t as important as just being together. 


Three gifts around a table, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, a confluence of blessings for which I am deeply grateful tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment